1. Major characteristics and advantages
Management Science and Engineering is the first-class discipline of Shenzhen University. It aims to solve the practical problems of management engineering such as intelligent decision-making, system engineering and logistics supply chain in the new era. Based on innovative thinking, it integrates disciplines such as management science, information science, financial technology and system science to explore scientific laws that reflect objective practice, so as to achieve the advantageous discipline of effective utilization of resources. This discipline owns five directions as follows,
Direction 1. Intelligent optimization and Decision-Making
This direction focuses on the practical optimization and decision-making problems in the field of management science, and carry out research by using the methods of swarm intelligent computing, feature engineering technology, big data analysis and intelligent decision-making, so as to form characteristics in the aspects of big data and intelligent medical treatment, customer intelligent recommendation, intelligent innovation and etc.
Direction 2. Management System and Engineering
This direction pays attention to the academic frontier issues of management system and engineering, and carry out research by using mathematical and simulation modeling and optimization analysis, data-driven modeling and empirical analysis, so as to form characteristics in production and service scheduling, resource and environmental management, manufacturing and environmental engineering, etc.
Direction 3. Supply Chain and Logistics Engineering
This direction aiming at the academic problems in the theoretical methods of supply chain management and the practice of logistics engineering industry, the theoretical methods and industry application research are carried out by means of mathematical modeling, algorithm research, statistical measurement, policy analysis, questionnaire survey and so on. This research direction strives to be indomitable, achieve the combination of supply chain theory and method innovation and practical service in the logistics industry, pursue the innovation of supply chain theory and method, and pay attention to the solution of practical problems in the logistics industry.
Subdivision direction 1. Research on theories and methods of logistics and supply chain management, focus on academic research and integrated innovation of theoretical methods, and highlight the innovation and application of theories and methods in Green Sustainable Logistics and supply chain management, behavior operation management, digital products and sharing platform.
Subdivision direction 2. International maritime logistics and port shipping management. It combines with the actual needs of China's marine power strategy, the maritime integration of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao Bay area and the construction of Shenzhen global marine center city. It engages in the research on sea related logistics supply chain issues, and carry out theoretical innovation and industry development research in the field of international maritime logistics and port shipping management.
Direction 4. Internet and Information Management
This direction adapts to the development trend of big data technology and Internet economy, adopt the empirical methods of big data analysis and questionnaire survey to study information dissemination and management in the context of the Internet, and form characteristics in online brand community social network, UGC user participation behavior, social recommendation system of scientific research experts, etc.
Direction 5. Financial Technology and Service Engineering
Financial technology has increasingly become the focus of global financial innovation and financial competition in the digital era, and it is also the strategic direction of the future development of the financial industry. Focusing on the interdisciplinary frontier of digital finance, artificial intelligence and management science. Facing the urgent practical requirements of preventing and resolving financial risks, this discipline explores the financial innovation and service mode driven by digital technology, the financial risk identification, monitoring and prevention methods driven by big data, and the integration mechanism innovation of financial technology and entrepreneurial finance. It forms characteristics in financial asset pricing and risk management, distributed business model innovation based on block chain, supply chain finance, service support in innovation and entrepreneurship, and provide intellectual support for the development of financial innovation and the construction of risk intelligent prevention and control system in Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao Bay district.
1. Training objectives
Based on the Great Bay area of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao and the socialist leading demonstration area that we cultivate high-level talents in the field of comprehensive management science and engineering with strong professional foundation, strong sense of innovation, wide application and high comprehensive quality, and integrate morality and talents into the "three complete" education construction project. By these objectives, we enable students to systematically learn the theories, methods and technologies of management science, and skillfully use relevant theories and methods to analyze and solve the problems of management decision-making and system engineering in reality. Professionals who can engage in management practice or teaching and scientific research in government organs, enterprises and institutions and colleges and universities.
1. Master the basic theory of Marxism, establish a scientific world outlook, adhere to the four basic principles, abide by discipline and law, have good moral character, have strong dedication and dedication, and actively serve the modernization of the motherland.
2. Have solid and broad basic theory and systematic and in-depth professional knowledge, and understand the research status and development objects of the discipline at home and abroad. Be able to engage in scientific research independently and have creative opinions or achievements in theory or application.
3. Master a foreign language, be able to skillfully use a foreign language to read the professional literature, and have certain writing ability and international academic communication ability. As a discipline integrating management and technology, theory and practice, the students trained in this discipline need to be trained and improved in the following aspects in the specific scientific research work to meet the following requirements,
(1) Academic norms: Students are able to follow academic norms in the process of research design and scientific experiments, have solid academic literacy, have a rigorous and pragmatic scientific spirit, ensure integrity in thesis writing, quote content norms, and eliminate plagiarism and plagiarism of others' views.
(2) Academic ethics: We adhere to the moral bottom line of scientific research, ensure that the research content meets the ethical requirements, and attach great importance to academic ethics.
(3) Research methodology: Students are required to master the research methodology of this discipline, be able to reasonably select relevant theories to explain the problems in management experiments, be good at refining scientific problems, and select reasonable methods to solve research problems.
(4) Technical and analytical skills: Students are required to skillfully use quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques, be able to comprehensively use information technology means to complete the intermediate processes such as analysis of research data and refinement of research ideas, and have solid and reliable academic basic ability.
(5) Critical thinking: Students are able to examine research issues from a systematic perspective, establish a stable logical chain in the process of scientific exploration, and be good at organizing research framework.
(6) Innovation ability: Students are required to have strong academic innovation ability, and be able to analyze and discuss from a new perspective for the forefront of management practice and theory.
(7) Communication skills: Students are required to charge the language skills of Chinese and English, they are able to clearly and methodically explain academic ideas, and understand the basic etiquette and skills of international academic exchanges.
(8) Writing ability: Students are be able to clarify ideas logically, clearly and accurately in written form, and be able to write Chinese and English academic papers independently.